Monday, July 20, 2009

The Monday letdown

Coming off of what was perhaps one of the best, most relaxing and genuinely fun weekends I've had in at least a year, this Monday was -- to say the least -- a letdown.

Work? I couldn't concentrate. Phone calls? I struggled to get through the simplest of conversations with colleagues. Drop-ins from random office workers? They annoyed me to no end today.

My dog ... annoying, too. A phone conversation with Zoe cut short -- irritating that she had to go to make an errand run with her California family. Me sitting here writing about being annoyed: definitely an irritant.

Collapsing on the couch after a quick dinner at the kitchen counter, I asked myself: "Why the funk?" The short answer is: I'm disappointed. I wish this weekend didn't have to end.

Tuesday has got to be better/easier/less of a letdown than today. Here's hoping ...

No comments:

Post a Comment