Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas catch up

Yes, it's late. But so are my Christmas cards.

Go figure.

We kicked off the Christmas season with the traditional Xmas program at school. They have done a very good thing dividing K-2 and 3-5 into two programs so the parents and requisite others can attend.

Zoe sang a solo this year. Her first. She was nervous but did a great job on the parts she had. I'm still impressed (mother or not) at her ability to face a crowd and give it her all. The girl can take that to places, I'm convinced.

Anyway...moving on to Christmas.

Woke up early. And who am I kidding? Didn't really go to sleep at all becuase who can sleep on Christmas Eve?

This goes down in history as the earliest and last best "early Christmas" that I will ever probably go for. As in WAY too EARLY in the morning ... as in 3 AM.

It was still good fun. There's nothing like a kid on Christmas morning with presents to unwrap.

We went to my mom's later that day. Spent time with family and friends.

Joe was with Tammy after making the long trip from Georgia. Sally was sick so we didn't get to see her, but did hang out with Court. Timmy Lew stopped by. Cork made me think the ghost of Grandpa was in the house. Mom and Bill announced their engagement. Dad and Elaine fed us well.

It was a very good Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment