Monday, December 6, 2010

The one I've been meaning to write for a while

This holiday season seems busier than years past. I guess that happens each year that passes -- the time goes faster.

But it's been different this year, because despite the fastness of it all, it's better. I said to a friend the other night that for the first time in a really long time, I am really deep-down happy, and that makes all the hustle and bustle so much more ... fun!

For someone who's struggled with depression over the years, especially in the dark dreary winter months, it's odd to sit back, look around and think to yourself: "There is no place I'd rather be than right here, right now, where life is good."

That's a big part of what I was thankful for this Thanksgiving. And it's a bigger part of what I'm celebrating this Christmas.

I'm looking forward to the happiest of holidays yet. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment